Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Work Experience

Its nearly a week back now from our work experience and I think everyone is still pretty tired from it all :L

For my work experience I went to work in Scoil Naomh Brid in Celbridge, I got to experience what it is really like to be a primary school teacher. I got sent to a junior infants class so I was pretty happy about that.
During the week I got to help the kids with anything they needed help with and I would do any jobs the teacher needed me to do for her. Also I had to type up worksheets for the kids and timetables. I found out that primary school teachers do a lot more work then I thought originally, I didn't know that they had to stay back after school and do planning for the next day.

After everyday there would always be some work to do and at the end of the day I was always pretty tired. But from this experience I learned a lot about myself and about being a primary school teacher.

Overall I enjoyed my experience and would consider being a primary school teacher as a career choice.

Fiona xxx

1 comment: